Thursday, September 4, 2008

on April

1- Achievement and output

I had assisted for program design and listing of guests for 2008 Gwangju Prize for Human Rights Award, 5 nominee’s details were made by me, Mr. Mano Ganesan, Stephen Sheng Shyong Lee, Ms. Le Thi Chong Nhan, Dr. Qazi Furuque, Sanghas (Buddhist Monks). Nominee’s details were the background of work experience and achievement on human rights of nominees, so I had learn so much from this task because I had read all the full documents of these nominees, I learned how the Foundation judge the winner.

I learned how to make blogs for sharing my experiences about my internship here in South Korea. The blogs contents are about my own feelings of culture shock, working, food and weather, the diffidence of the culture between Cambodia and South Korea, especially how to work with Koreans. Anyway I will continue to improve my English writing and more understanding about online work and follow trail of blog.

I attend the team and general meetings. I had a session with Mr. Sangseon about locations here in Gwangju City. I had noted the leadership of the leader and staff of Foundation during meetings that were a bit different as to my experience.

I made a PowerPoint presentation and lesson plan on Cambodian Culture for the Gwangju National Science Hight School. Unfortunately the presentation was postponed for another time since the teacher who will translate had leg operation.
I had joined the campaign in down town to encourage people to vote for 09 April 2008 parliamentary election.

I had accomplished the directory into Excel file and will continue to update it.

I enrolled for Rights and Justice in International Relations online course at Learn Space operated by Open Institute in UK.

Provided a tour guide service on 11 April for Ms. Subhatra of Thailand, she was a member of the pre-selection committee for the GPHR. Showed her same historical places in down town and had lunch with her.

I had made a book report and submitted to Mr.Pete, the report is about my understanding of the book. I had a book report discussion with Mr. Chanho, he gave some good advice on the meaning and issues of May 18 Gwangju Democratic Uprising. I attended a meeting and to welcome the new chairman of the Foundation.


2- Problems Encountered

The presentation at Gwangju Natural Science High School was delayed until 07 May 2008. This month of May the Foundation will be busy with The May 18 Events, so I hope to have a time to do my presentation and do my survey on The May 18 Events.

It is nearly a month since I made the brochure translation, but until now to have not received feedback from my organization.


3- Recommendation

I appreciate The May 18 events so much, especially the work of the Culture and Solidarity Team. It is an amazing work of the Foundation, GIPF, GPHR, to commemorate, have ceremony and solidarity work between The May 18 Memorial Foundation with other local NGOs and international organizations in Asia, as well other NGOs in the world. I hope I will get a good understanding, that will become part of good experience during my 10 months internship with the Foundation and I wish to get some task for these events, although I was assigned to be part of the Education team for Red Festa activities.


4- Plan

Next month plan for May 2008, I was assigned responsibilities and I hope to learn such as, First week, learn from the staff about process of The May 18 Events and provide assistance for 2008 Gwangju International Peace Forum and learn about facilitating visa process and ticket of participants. Second week, Learn and implement the May18 Events activities like, GIPF, GPHR, EAHRF and the May 18 Commemorative Ceremony of the May 18 Democratic Uprising. Third week, give assistance for the post events and follow-up work for May 18 Events and prepare information of the May 18 Events for human rights organizations in Asia. Fourth week, develop research and campaign plan for human rights. Get information about organizations in Asia and keep in touch on human rights, democracy and peace news.

Anyway, I was assigned to Education and Research Team for Red Festa Festival, I am yet sure about my responsibilities and the way to sharing my participation until now.

No comments:

The May 18 Memorial Foundation

Watch an Australian current affairs story on Phnom Penh evictions